The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY has the following vacancy in the Directorate: Corporate Services, Division Support Services, to be filled permanently as soon as possible.
GENERAL ASSISTANT (1 X BREDASDORP)
Requirements: Basic literary. 0-1 years’ experience required.
Other requirements: Able to perform basic routine functions and follow basic instructions. Perform manual functions e.g. sweeping, lifting, packing, cleaning and tea-making. Must be literate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Responsibilities/ Duties: The incumbent is responsible for cleaning and tidiness of the offices. Prepare venues for meetings and/or training sessions. Serve beverages as per time schedules to personnel/ guests visiting the Offices.
The competency level for this position is a level 1 as stipulates in Annexure A of the Municipal Staff Regulations Government Notice No. 890 as promulgated in Government Gazette 45181 dated 20 September 2021 and comprises of the following competencies.
|Functional/Professional Competencies||Public Service Orientation Competencies||Personal Competencies|
|• Managing Work
• Workplace safety
• Task accountability
• Quality Orientation
• Oral Communication
|• Interpersonal Relationships
• Service delivery Orientation
|• Action Orientation
• Accountability and Ethical Conduct
• Learning Orientation
• Impact and Influence
• Team Orientation
Job related enquiries: Mr D Pick (028 4241157)
Salary: T-3 = R 112 644 – R 132 972 per annum plus the normal fringe benefits of a Local Authority.
Closing date: 22 December 2022
All applications must be submitted on the prescribed ODM application form, (found on www.odm.org.za) together with a detailed CV, certified copies of original qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence, the names of three references from current and previous employers including their current e-mail addresses. All documents are to be returned to the Department: Human Resources, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280 for attention Ms Anita August or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and late applications and applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed or considered.
1. Overberg District Municipality is committed to Equal Opportunity. Candidates from designated groups, are encouraged to apply.
2. It would be expected of candidates to be subjected through evaluations and that previous and current employers, as well as references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records.
3. Overberg District Municipality complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act4 of 2013 (POPIA), Applicants agree that their personal information may be recorded and processed by the Municipality.
4. If no notification is received within 90 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved by council.
https://www.facebook.com/OverbergDMLast published 07 December 2022